Save yourself time in advance by printing and filling out the applicable forms below so that you may bring them with you.
Each participant will need to print and fill out the liability form.
A separate form must be filled out for each participant 18 years of age and older. Minors under 18 will sign on the same form as their parent or legal guardian. Click here to download and print out the liability form.
Things to remember:
- Be on time; arrive 30 minutes prior to your departure time so you don’t miss the bus
- Wear shoes that will stay strapped on your feet; flip flops are worthless
- No glass containers or styrofoam coolers
- Minors under 18 may not participate without an accompanying parent or guardian
- Children must be at least 6 years old to Tube or Raft or to Canoe with an adult
- Children must be at least 10 years old to kayak by themselves
- NO PETS (they may love the water but please leave them at home)
- Bring an extra set of clothes to change into after your float; Changing rooms and hot showers are available
- Parking is free, private and secure for all customers
- You can check your car keys in with the office for safe keeping while on the water
- Consumption of alcohol in public is strictly prohibited and will be enforced on the James River. Be safe; alcohol and the river don’t mix.
- Littering in Virginia is illegal so help keep our river green and clean – if you take it on the river, bring it back with you.
Excursion times will vary depending on the float you take and river conditions at the time. Day trips can be as short as a couple of hours up to all day floats depending on water depth and speed. Check our River Conditions page and call ahead to check current conditions.
Forgot Something? No Problem! We have sunglasses, koozies, waterproof cameras, shoes and more for that forgetful someone in your group.